Video Download: Karate's Joint Attacks
“Knowledge of how to manipulate the joints of the human body has been a subject of traditional martial arts for centuries. The joint attacks found in karate are intended to be uncomplicated, easy to apply and very effective.”
In this 60-min video presentation, Chris Denwood takes you through a ten-stage flow drill from his own dojo that is designed to introduce some of the fundamental principles of joint attacks and to provide a solid platform, in order to explore the subject further.
Topics covered include...
- The role of joint attacks in self-defence.
- The core principles for all joint attacks.
- How to attack the shoulder, elbow and wrist effectively.
- How to apply joint attacks for self-defence or control/restraint.
- Where joint attacks can be found in traditional karate kata.
- How to flow smoothly from one joint attack to the next.
- Supplementary drills for expanding your study further.
Also featured on:
If you are a member of Chris' Virtual Dojo, then this and all other future premium video content is included for free!
CLICK HERE to find out more about vDojo membership.